The purpose of our Hill Cities blog is to share spiritual nourishment for those who crave it and to help our Risen Lord align his people to follow him.
Listen to a podcast on this topic
We believe that God’s people are to be networked by His Spirit and love across our cities and world. That Jesus is Lord, not just of a local Church but He is king over all rule and authority. He is above the US President, The Chinese Leader and the UN. He is above the Pope, too.
We believe God stirs hearts to desire Him. If your heart is being stirred, this blog is for you.
We lead groups across the Twin Cities with a vision for the network of God to be built and function the way God intended it. To accomplish this, God’s Spirit of truth and love must be calling His people into covenant community.
Our hope is that you will engage in this process with us. We desire to hear from you and how God is stirring your heart. That we would join in focused prayer to our Heavenly Father to see His people go deeper with their God and each other to fulfill their God given destiny.
To stimulate your spiritual growth this year, consider the following questions:
- What does this mean: “We touch the outside of the Bible, but seldom the inside?”
- How does your soul relate to this quote from Deuteronomy 8:3: “ Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God?”
- Why is it that most Christians don’t seem to know if they are hearing God’s voice or their own? Do you think it could be because they don’t seek him with the focus that is needed? We do what we desire.
- Are we willing to be alone with God? Charles Spurgeon, renown Pastor in London from the 19th century: “There are times when solitude is better than society, and silence is wiser that speech. We should be better Christians if we were more alone, waiting upon God and gathering through meditation on His Word spiritual strength for labor in his service. We ought to meditate upon the things of God, because we thus get the real nutriment out of them.”
Jesus said in John 6:45: “It is written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught of God.’Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father, comes to me.”
We are seeking our Good Shepherd to speak to His people that they will follow Him. “My sheep hear my voice and I know then and they follow me.”
- What is the state of your relationship with God?
- How valuable is your relationship with God to you?
- Will you commit to seeking God? Will you join us in praying for God’s people to learn how to hear His voice and follow Him?
Jeff Hagen is the founder and director of Hill Cities, Inc. a 501 (c) 3 ministry dedicated to connecting spiritually hungry men in the Twin Cities area. To learn more about Hill Cities’ vision, check out http://hillcities.org/gatherings/
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.